Have a question or need help with a system to submit your proposal or manage your grant? The Electronic Research Administration (eRA) team supports the Notre Dame research community with the various systems used to prepare/route/submit proposals and to manage the resulting awards.
- Answer questions and resolve issues concerning the University’s Cayuse Research Suite and 90 external sponsor systems used for research administration (Grants.gov, Fedconnect, etc.)
- Provide management reporting on research activity to all internal and external stakeholders
Information About Cayuse
The Cayuse system is our web-based eRA tool designed for – proposal preparation, routing, submission and award management.
Access sponsor eRA Systems such as Grants.gov here.
Now in Cayuse
- Proposals submitted on or after July 1, 2008, and Awards funding those proposals
- Plus all preceding awards in the same project as the aforementioned awards and the proposals they fund
- Faculty profiles to auto-populate forms, data entered once and used multiple times
- Proposal preparation
- Routing electronically
- Proposal and award documents since January 10, 2012
What does this mean to you? Find your role(s) below:
For the PI:
- You answer the brief questions in four proposal sections Research Subjects, Intellectual Property, Export Control and Conflict of Interest because only you know the answers to those questions
- Routing is electronic through Cayuse. You certify the proposal is ready for submission.
- Access Cayuse using your Notre Dame NetID and password. No new login information to track.
- A Pre-Award research administrator is available to assist you in proposal preparation for all of the non-science portions of the proposal.
- A Post-Award Financial Management administrator is available to assist you with account setup and award management.
- If you are unsure who your administrators are, please call us at 631-7432 or email us at ORhelp@nd.edu
For the co-PI:
- At the routing stage, you’ll certify the proposal electronically in Cayuse.
For the Department Chair, College Dean, Provost, Directors of Centers/Institutes:
- You can use Cayuse to authorize proposals being routed. You’ll also be able to see all proposals in your department, college, or center respectively.
For the Business Manager:
- With approval from the dean, you’ll be able to see all proposals in your department, college, or center respectively.
Meet the Electronic Research Administration Team
Director, Electronic Research Administration (eRA)
Address: 940 Grace Hall (mail); 903 Grace Hall (office)
Phone: (574) 631-7378
Assistant Director, Electronic Research Administration
Address: 940 Grace Hall (mail); 908 Grace Hall (office)
Phone: (574) 631-1393