NSF Revised Due Dates for Funding Opportunities Between October 1-25, 2013

In addition to the “ NSF AND NIH RESUMPTION OF OPERATIONS” information we sent to you on Monday, October 21, the NSF has provided additional guidance regarding the revised due dates for funding opportunities with deadlines or target dates occurring between October 1 through 25, 2013.  If you have specific questions regarding the revised due dates, please contact Rick Hilliard, 631-5386 or Hilliard.1@nd.edu for guidance or you may contact us more generally at orhelp@nd.edu or 631-7432.

NSF Revised Due Date Guidance

The programs found at http://www.nsf.gov/bfa/dias/policy/postshutdown/reviseddates_oct22.pdf have due dates that fall between October 1 – 25, 2013, and these dates are being revised due to the Federal government shutdown. These revised dates apply whether the proposal is being submitted via the NSF FastLane System or Grants.gov. Frequently asked questions regarding these date changes are available at http://www.nsf.gov/bfa/dias/policy/postshutdown/faqs_oct22.pdf. and also provided below:

NSF Post-shutdown FAQs

1. I submitted my proposal in FastLane prior to the government shutdown. Do I need to re-submit my proposal now that the deadline date for my program has been extended?
    No. If you submitted your proposal in FastLane prior to the government shutdown, no further action is necessary.
  2. I submitted my proposal in Grants.gov prior to the government shutdown. Do I need to re-submit my proposal now that the deadline date for my program has been extended?
    No. If you submitted your proposal in Grants.gov prior to the government shutdown, no further action is necessary.
  3. I submitted my proposal prior to the government shutdown, however, I need to make some changes. Will I be permitted to make changes via the proposal file update mechanism in FastLane now that the deadline has been extended?
    Yes. Changes may be made via the proposal file update mechanism in FastLane. Please adhere to the guidance provided in the Grant Proposal Guide (GPG) Chapter III.C.
  4. I submitted my proposal just after the shutdown ended, but prior to the announcement of revised deadline dates. Will I be permitted to make changes via the proposal file update mechanism in FastLane now that the deadline has been extended?
    Yes. Changes may be made via the proposal file update mechanism in FastLane. Please adhere to the guidance provided in the Grant Proposal Guide (GPG) Chapter III.C 
  5. I looked at the funding opportunity online, and it still shows the old deadline date. Why wasn’t it changed? Given the number of deadlines that were revised and with the significant amount of resources that amendments would involve, revising all affected funding opportunities was not feasible. Of greater concern was releasing revised due dates in a timely manner. If a funding opportunity deadline fell within the period October 1st – 25th, the deadline on the revised due date calendar takes precedence.
  6. Will any due dates beyond October 25th be extended?
    No, in general due dates beyond October 25th will not be extended. However, specific circumstances may necessitate that an individual program extend due dates for its program(s). Any such changes will be disseminated via the NSF website.