The National Science Foundation (NSF) has released a new version of the Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG)(NSF 13-1). This version will be effective for all NSF proposals submitted, or due, on or after January 14, 2013.
Some significant changes include:
- Revisions to the NSF Merit Review Criteria which implement the National Science Board’s (NSB) recommendations. Changes will affect the project summary and project description sections of proposals. Annual and final reports also will be affected;
- Revision of the Biographical Sketch(es) instructions to rename the “Publications” section to “Products” and amend terminology and instructions accordingly;
- Clarification on indirect costs specifying that, except as noted in the PAPPG or a program solicitation, organizations must use the applicable negotiated indirect cost rate;
- Modification of Facilities, Equipment and Other Resources section of proposals to assist proposers in complying with the NSF cost sharing policy;
- Numerous other clarifications also have been made throughout the document.
The current PAPPG will continue to apply until January 14, 2013.