In our continuing efforts to support research at Notre Dame, this announcement is to share with you that the Office of Research began using Cayuse January 10. The Cayuse system tracks our research proposal and award activity, provides for streamlined-internal routing and approval of proposals, facilitates submission to sponsor systems, and stores proposal and award documents.
As you begin working on your first proposal in the new system, Office of Research staff will be in touch with you to share how to access the system and what steps to take. The Cayuse system will allow you expanded access to your proposal development, submission, and award information through a very simple, user-friendly interface. Our hope is that only minimal training will be needed, and can be provided in a one-on-one, just-in-time format. At a minimum, investigators will need to access Cayuse to answer the compliance questions (research materials and subjects, conflict of interest, intellectual property and export control) and to electronically “sign-off” and certify the proposal prior to route.
The system includes the following Cayuse 424 capabilities:
- Extra validations and error checking which means we are doing all we can to ensure proposal will be error free to Grants.gov
- System-to-system data transmission for >95% of all Grants.gov opportunities
- Well-positioned for implementation of Research.gov (Cayuse working with NSF – anticipating eventual Fastlane retirement)
- Budget builder tool includes fringe benefits, F&A rates, inflation rates, and multi-year replication
- Customer experience is “…as easy as Fastlane…”
The Cayuse Sponsored Programs (SP) includes the following capabilities:
- Proposal development (budget, narrative, compliance questions)
- Reuse data and copy proposals and awards
- Robust routing and approval
- Database of all sponsored program activity
- Document repository for proposal and award information
- Tracking of proposals and awards to subcontractors
- Intuitive User Interface